Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dedicated to Duct Tape

Duct tape: The best invention ever*.

There was a possibility that, during the elections, all volunteers would be consolidated to a specific area for safety. We were told to pack our bag with the essentials, in case we had to leave the country at the drop of a hat. So, I set about making my list of things to pack. Number four on the list was Duct Tape, with number one being Contacts, and number 6 being Passport. I have had several people ask me, “Why would you pack Duct Tape.” “Why wouldn’t you pack duct tape“ is a much better question to ask. You can use it to fix almost anything! I can guarantee you that should we consolidate and/or evacuate, someone will, for some reason, ask to use my Duct Tape. This will make me so happy, as I will get to tell the token Smart Asses of the group “I told you so”. I will say it with a smirk that will undoubtedly make them mad…which only adds to the pleasure of my saying it.

I have taken time out of my busy schedule of saving babies to come up with a list of reasons/scenarios that you would need Duct Tape.

They are as follows:
1. Oh no! Your bag rips and all your stuff starts to fall out. Duct Tape.
2. What if your backpack strap breaks? Duct Tape.
3. You’re walking along and your sandal strap breaks and your shoe won’t stay on your foot. What do you do? Duct Tape.
4. Your pants are way too big because of hand washing and they won’t stay up, and you would buy a belt, but they all come with Obama belt buckles attached. Duct Tape Suspenders.
5. You need to label something. Duct Tape + Sharpies (don’t worry, I packed those too).
6. You need to tape some papers together because you don't have a stapler. Duct Tape
7. Need to tie chickens legs together for bus travel? Duct Tape.
8. The person sitting next to you on the bus is holding a child that just won’t pipe down? Duct tape.
9. You make a citizens arrest and left your zip ties at home. Duct Tape.
10. Your skirt/pants rip in the most scandalous of ways. Duct Tape.
11. You don’t want to carry a fancy wallet for fear of it being stolen. Duct Tape Wallet.
12. You don’t have enough hands to carry your bags. Duct Tape a small one to a big one.
13. Your bag is too big and you don’t have a cinch strap. Duct Tape.
14. Need to distinguish something of yours from somebody else’s? Duct Tape.
15. Don’t want your shampoo to leak in your bag? Duct Tape.

I rest my case.


Questionable Use of Duct Tape




*FACT

5 comments:

  1. Fine. You are hereby cut off from any and all Duct Tape privileges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot:

    Blackheads on your chin? Duct Tape
    Warts? Duct Tape
    Forgot your push-up bra? Yep! Duct. Tape. Followed by some acetone for removal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I'm with you about the Duct Tape!

    Mr. Luckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harold Darrold would be so proud!! He was a man ahead of his times: Rolex watch, suburbans, and duct tape before anyone ever knew of these!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete