Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Banana Field of Dreams

I've noticed for a while now, that there are people constantly walking back and forth in front of my door. "Where do they go?" I ask myself. So, I investigate. At first I thought that they were visiting my neighbors. False. Then I thought they were fetching water, but they weren't carrying jerry cans. Nope. I finally wondered if they work in the banana field. Wrong. They walk from town towards the banana field, into the banana field, and they disappear...and they don't come back. Then, sometimes, people emerge from the banana field, only to disappear again back into it at the end of the day. After thinking about it for what seemed like a whole 10 minutes, I've finally figured it out.

It's the Banana Field of Dreams. They're all dead futball players who come back to play on the pitch down the road. Maybe if I sit at my window and stare long enough, I'll get a glimpse of James Earl Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment